La boite de Pandore (Demo) La boite de Pandore (Demo)

I like the sounds. but what else are you going to put into the portal? I'd like to hear more from ya.

Zipark responds:

Thanks. Maybe in a few days i will post others pieces. I work on a electro rock songs for a few months , so it will be probably the next. And some others orchestral after.

Inside Out Inside Out

Keep making music. You have a great idea here and I believe your talent is going to keep evolving. Never give up on your talent.

Eventually you will get to where I am. Making some very interesting songs.

Your song here makes musical sense. But I would say maybe you ought to try a different DaW (Digital Audio Workstation.)

Learn it and make the move to creating a masterpiece that no one else will be able to touch.

Pick a DaW and stick with it. FL Studio, Reason, Acid Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Sessions.

All of those listed above are the names of DaW's. Each one has its own learning curve. Just pick one and stick with it. Learning the ins and outs of the entire program.

I would seriously consider getting a demo of the DaW before obtaining one to make sure it is the one you want to use.

But keep making music nonetheless.

LachlanInc responds:

I actually prefer using music notation software to make music, rather than Digital Audio Workstations. Also, I use a Mac, so I can't use most of those recommendations, and Ableton was too confusing.

Paisley Paisley

With a little bit of work on this track you could make it sound miles better. My complaint is that it sounds flat. Not boring, not too cluttered. just flat. Let your track breathe a little. I'd say so far this track is good. It just needs some really good post work to really bring out the idea behind this track. Nonetheless it is something different and I like it.

Devil Sword II 2015 Devil Sword II 2015

Totally digged this track. Nice work. One small complaint... GO CRAZY MAN. Lets hear what else you can do with that backbeat! Everything else is pretty chill.

MyBrainBecameTechno responds:

sry for being lazy on the drums i have been doing electronic since 15 so i was old school composer were everything was repetitive that was the style back then so i have the habit of still doing that cuz repetitive pattern for the dance floor making techno back then was getting people dancing back then so yea next track every new section will have a new beat.

every electro house track ever (WIP) every electro house track ever (WIP)

What I find annoying in the edm scene is the overuse of sidechains. A lot of newcomers create tracks that exclusively use a sidechain throughout the entire song.

I am so saddened by sidechains. It is like when your friend is listening to a song you made and he constantly keeps putting his fingers over the tiny speakers to mute it on the beat.....

That is what it reminds me of.

FOURSQUARED responds:

oh I don't think it's overused. It is a stylistic device of EDM, like there are for other genres too. Its purpose is to make the main part/drop really danceable with a driving beat. Imagine any electro house song like this without sidechain. I could turn the sidechain off for this track and send it to you, you would hear a massive difference, negatively. However, sidechaining is also a result of mixing. In house you often have a sub bass and a kick drum, but the frequency ranges of bass and kick are quite similar so you have to sidechain the bass to the kick to avoid resonance and cancellation.
But I kind of overdid it with sidechaining on this one, so you might be right in this case.

The Road The Road

Great start. Get yourself some sample packs. Show us what you can mix without the stock samples!

EdKempeper responds:

Thank you for your review !
I don't understand what you mean by "stock samples"... For this one, I used synthesizers that were given to me by a friend, not the FL9 synthesizers. I only used one Fl drumkit for the hi-hats and one sample for the horrible percussion

What Do You Think You're Hearing What Do You Think You're Hearing

I recognize a sample from the Justine Dance Mix album (Not justice.) from the 2000's. Totally spotted it in the background. Nice homage.

MrSmash64 responds:

actually, I only used sounds from the fnaf 4 trailer, and other sounds from the fnaf games! but i'll let you think of it that way too!

Foggy Streets Foggy Streets

I don't feel like I am walking in a foggy street. I feel like I am actually traveling through a forest at night with no fog at all until the end. BUT nonetheless I enjoyed this track.

LawnReality responds:

Sorry the name doesn't work for you! Glad you enjoyed it anyway. :)

Sunday Afternoon Drive Sunday Afternoon Drive

Definitely liked the vibe from this track being a bit trip hop like.

Keep it up. Eventually some hip hop rapper might come your way.

Septette for the Dead Princess 14.9 million notes! Septette for the Dead Princess 14.9 million notes!

Give this track some breath. I kind of feel like the piano is chocking me to death and trying to figure out why it cannot kill me.

Breath. The piano trills are awesome. But my goodness.... BREATH. Let it BREATHE.

Animaniacs333 responds:

its not my song. I just love it alot